FAQ: What Tools Do I Use?
"What app/printer/machine/tool did you use?"
I get asked fairly often what software/hardware/materials I use for my art and small business. I wanted to have a central place where I could compile all that information, and be able to refer back to it. So what better place than a blog post?
Listed below you will find the software, hardware and other tools I use, I've tried to sort the items into different categories for easier reading.
- Procreate for iPad
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Photoshop - I use this for all my photo editing, graphics, etc.
- Illustrator - I do all my vector art, and a ton of my other graphics in this program. Very robust typography and shape manipulation tools.
- After Effects - I do most of my video editing and motion graphics in AE.
- MacBook Pro
- iPad + Apple Pencil
- Canon Pixma Pro-100 - My current inkjet printer.
- Brother HL-L2350DW - My current laser printer. I primarily use this for foil prints.
- LD Products - Nice source for third party ink cartridges (If you don't want to mess around with manually refilling your cartridges.
- Silhouette Cameo Cutter
- Sticker Paper: Online Labels
- Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Machine
- Paper - Usually any brand of cardstock that is around 65lb/176 gsm, and has a smooth finish. (Always check your owner’s manual first and make sure it's a weight your printer can handle.)
- Toner Reactive Foils
- Heidi Swapp Brand Foils
- OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) - I use this for recording my computer screen.
- After Effects - For editing my videos. Makes creating timelapses super easy!